Research Group on Differential Equations, Numerical Analysis and Applications
The research group on Differential Equations, Numerical Analysis and Applications of the University of Málaga has a wide experience in Numerical Analysis. The group focuses its research in the numerical simulation of geophysical fluids by means of the numerical solution of hydrodinamical models. Besides the software development, the group has implemented a versatile web interface for intensive computation in CPU and GPU clusters.
Our more active lines of research are:
- Numerical Analysis of systems of partial differential equations:
- Finite Element Methods.
- Finite Volume Methods.
- Geophysical flows simulation:
- Shallow-Water models.
- Sediment transport.
- Submarine and aerial avalanches.
- Tsunami generation, propagation and inland penetration.
- Oceanographic applications.
- Hidrodynamic-Biology coupled models.
- Pollutant transport.
- Hazard assessment (dambreaks, avalanches, floods, ...)